The Reasoning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?......

+11
strangemagic
Under Mirkwood
Wartypig
Aquaman
stevelord
nathan797
daviddurey
plodder
MattBass6
Toadie
Guzzmonster
15 posters

Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?......

Post  Guzzmonster Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Very Happy
Hey all!
Gig wise 2011 is looking like it's going to be a bumper year with lots to look forward to,on a personal level I have the following gigs lined up,and as you will notice it's bloody varied!
Tin Spirits - Swindon
Red Nose Day Classical Gig - Royal Albert Hall
Unthanks - Bristol
Marillion - Holland
IQ - Bilston
Mark Thomas - Swindon
Haze - Sheffield
Big Country - Bristol
Miles Hunt - Swindon
Magnum - Oxford
Neil Finn - Brighton
Fish - Swindon
Mike + The Mechanics - Oxford
It Bites - Birmingham
The Alarm - Oxford
Seth Lakeman - Swindon
Manics - Cardiff
Monkees - Cardiff
Pendragon - Cardiff
Robyn Hitchcock - Windsor
Cheap Trick - Bristol
John Cleese - Oxford
Kate Rusby - Regents Park Open Air
HVF
Maiden - Cardiff
Cropredy

I think that will keep me out of trouble!

Guzz

Guzzmonster

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty Re: What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?......

Post  Toadie Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:04 am

I've a bit of a busy year, and slightly mixed bag as well:
(all gigs are Manchester based, unless stated)

March:
Touchstone
Terrorvision
Maria's Hear No Evil tour (hopefully)

April:
Gary Numan
Blackfield
Puressence

May:
It Bites (hopefully)

June:
Roger Waters

July:
High Voltage festival in London(hopefully)
Iron Maiden

August:
Beautiful Days festival in Devon

September:
Nothing as yet

October:
The Mission in London(hopefully)

November:
Within Temptation
Carter USM

December:
Nothing as yet.

Add to this the 4 gigs I've been to this year already, (Chameleonsvox x2, Panic Room and Anathema) and I guess you'll find I likes my gigs!!

Owen

Toadie

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty Re: What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?......

Post  MattBass6 Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 am

Bloody hell guys, that is one hell of a lot of gigs to attend. SO JEALOUS Sad

Hopefully we shall see you at some TR gigs when they are announced Very Happy

I only have Maiden and Whitesnake in the diary, but really looking forward to them both Cool
MattBass6
MattBass6

http://www.thereasoning.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guzzmonster Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:29 am

Matt
we must meet either before or after the Maiden gig for a beer....

Guzz

Guzzmonster

Back to top Go down

Post  plodder Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:01 am

Only shows I've lined up are Rush and Pendragon. Two crackers though Very Happy
plodder
plodder

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:09 am

plodder wrote:Only shows I've lined up are Rush and Pendragon. Two crackers though Very Happy

I would loved to have seen RUSH, but there was no way we could get there this year as we have a trip to the US to take into account. I saw them on the R30 tour and was blown away. I'll hopefully catch them next time around Very Happy
MattBass6
MattBass6

http://www.thereasoning.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Toadie Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 am

MattBass6 wrote:
plodder wrote:Only shows I've lined up are Rush and Pendragon. Two crackers though Very Happy

I would loved to have seen RUSH, but there was no way we could get there this year as we have a trip to the US to take into account. I saw them on the R30 tour and was blown away. I'll hopefully catch them next time around Very Happy

I too would have loved to have seen Rush this year, but the only gig I could have done (Manchester) clashes with me being in London for my brother's wedding....

Owen

Toadie

Back to top Go down

Post  plodder Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:20 am

Rush are now my number one major live act now. I'm sure they be brilliant and I really can't wait to hear Faithless live. I was gutted when they left it off the Snakes and Arrows tour set list.
plodder
plodder

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty Gigs 2011

Post  daviddurey Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Well, I've not got as many gigs lined up this year as many of you guys.

Marillion Convention weekend in Holand (obviously), Peter Gabriel in March in London (should be brilliant) and Blackfield in April at Shepherds Bush.

Never seen Blackfield live before but love their music. Got me thinking about Porcupine Tree's absolutely superb evening at RAH last year. Now that was an evening to remember, possibly the best concert I've ever been to (except The Reasoning at the O2 Academy at Islington, of course!). PS Met someone claiming to be Rach's Mum at Islington Academy. She certainly looked very proud! confused Laughing
daviddurey
daviddurey

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan797 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:34 pm

The Levellers- Nottm
The Alarm- Nottm
Marillion- Port Zelande and Leamington
Terrorvision- Nottm
Rush- Manchester
Roger Waters- Manchester
Fish- Derby (Hopefully)
HVF (Hopefully)

And Ofc The Reasoning somewhere??? (Hopefully Very Happy )
nathan797
nathan797

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1278219308

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty upcoming gigs

Post  stevelord Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:51 am

Got a few gigs lined up for this year so far,

Touchstone-March(Manchester)
Wishbone Ash-April(Derby)
Strawbs(May)-York
Mostly Autumn-Manchester
Panic Room(June)-Bolton
High Voltage(July)
Acoustic Manning(Sept.)Leeds,in the pub down the road from me,nice.
Manning-Wakefield

and of course,at least 2 Reasoning gigs. Very Happy

stevelord

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty Upcoming gigs

Post  stevelord Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:48 am

Will have too add Chris Johnson at The Maltings in York March 28.The man has his fingers in so many pies,he is a genius.

stevelord

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty gigs line up for 2011

Post  Aquaman Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:28 am

I've been a bit lax so far this year as I only have a couple lined up. I have Panic Room at the peel tonight, then Seth Lakeman playing locally in Farnham in March and Within Temptation towards the end of the year. I hope to see more during the year, just keeping the diary free, ready for the Reasoning to announce their dates Smile

Richard
Aquaman
Aquaman

Back to top Go down

Post  Wartypig Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Europe with Voodoo Johnson the other night..... Glenn Hughes , Joanne Shaw Taylor , Roger Hodgson , Black Country Communion , Katie Melua all coming up .
Wartypig
Wartypig

Back to top Go down

Post  Under Mirkwood Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:01 am

The only gig I am definitely going to this year is Roger Waters at the O2 on May 11th. I am considering Sonisphere again this year, I would like to go to High Voltage but the staying in a hotel thing puts me off tbh. Hopefully The Reasoning and maybe Joe Bonamassa both in Cardiff.
Under Mirkwood
Under Mirkwood

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty Gigs 2011

Post  daviddurey Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Have just added Joe Bonamassa to my list of booked gigs. He was fantastic at High Voltage last year, so really looking forward to seeing him again this year.

How he makes that guitar sing!

Depths to fathom, heights to climb.......
daviddurey
daviddurey

Back to top Go down

Post  Wartypig Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Have just done the very same thing ourselves......Cardiff , here we come Very Happy
Wartypig
Wartypig

Back to top Go down

Post  strangemagic Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:03 am

March is the start of my own gig year. Already seen -

Billy Walton Band
Kris Dollimore
Erja Lyytinen

Coming up -

Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash tonight in Deal.
Chantel McGregor Band at the 100 Club next Saturday Very Happy .

strangemagic

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Q Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:20 pm

In the past few days I've seen Epica (excellent gig, including support band Revamp) and Sonata arctica (very average Neutral ) and this week it's the excellent Symphony X Cool

Paul Q

Back to top Go down

What gigs has everybody got lined up this year?...... Empty Tir na nOg

Post  Cohenite451 Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Tir na nOg are visiting these shores from Ireland..... only the second time in the last 16 years!!!

I'll be seeing them in Sheffield and Birmingham next weekend on Friday 25th and Sunday 27th March respectively Very Happy (they're in London on the Saturday but couldn't really see them 3 times in one weekend!)

Just in case you're wondering who I'm talking about......
Tir na nOg, the duo formed by Leo O'Kelly and Sonny Condell in 1970, are repeatedly cited as one of the most influential songwriting and performing groups ever to have emerged from Ireland. In 1971 they released the first of their three albums on Chrysalis Records. The legendary John Peel was one of their early champions, featuring Tir na nOg on many of his famed "Peel Sessions".
They toured the world in the '70s with Jethro Tull, Procol Harum & Roxy Music among others, as well as headlining their own college and club shows. With the recent upsurge of interest in progressive folk, as their music is often categorised, they have once again become the mentors of many young bands and fans worldwide.

Pete
Cohenite451
Cohenite451

Back to top Go down

Post  Wartypig Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Rick Wakeman on the 2nd and 8th of April Very Happy
Wartypig
Wartypig

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_01 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:24 pm

23 April - Saxon St Georges Day Special at the Shepherds Bush Empire
28 May - Pendragon at the Peel (might do the 29th as well)
22 July - The Reasoning at the Borderline
24 July - High Voltage Day 2 at Victoria Park
Scott_01
Scott_01

http://www.blakes7online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wartypig Fri May 27, 2011 8:05 am

Last weekend

Mike And The Mechanics and Rush

This weekrend

Joanne Shaw Taylor and Roger Hodgson

Happy days

Very Happy Very Happy
Wartypig
Wartypig

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy T Fri May 27, 2011 11:04 am

We have Nils Lofgren in Cardiff, Whitesnake in Wolverhampton,then the Sonic Rock Solstice in Builth Wells,then High Voltage in London with maybe The Reasoning at the Borderline beforehand.

Quiet for a while but we do fancy John Mayall and Oli Brown incardiff in October and we will be at The reasoning at the Globe in Cardiff.
Andy T
Andy T

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum