The Reasoning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the last movie you watched?

+5
Fiboo Fallen Angel
graeme
Aquaman
MattBass6
symphony_reasoning
9 posters

Go down

What was the last movie you watched? Empty What was the last movie you watched?

Post  symphony_reasoning Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:23 am

This morning, I watched Milk starring Sean Penn. I never realized the impact that Harvey Milk had on San Francisco. So this movie was quite an eye opener to me. Anyone seen it? or last film you watched (as the subject suggests)

Laughing
symphony_reasoning
symphony_reasoning

Back to top Go down

What was the last movie you watched? Empty Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Post  MattBass6 Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:49 am

symphony_reasoning wrote:This morning, I watched Milk starring Sean Penn. I never realized the impact that Harvey Milk had on San Francisco. So this movie was quite an eye opener to me. Anyone seen it? or last film you watched (as the subject suggests)

Laughing

Cor blimey, we are massive film buffs and watch loads. But the last two were - Social Network and RED Very Happy
MattBass6
MattBass6

http://www.thereasoning.com

Back to top Go down

What was the last movie you watched? Empty Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Post  Aquaman Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Its been a while since I last watched a film as I've been watching 5 seasons of Bones but the last 2 films I saw at the cinema were Harry Potter and Tron.

The next film I'll see, will probably be A lonely place to die an UK production that I'm involved with and was lucky to star in also. A lonely place to die on IMDB
Aquaman
Aquaman

Back to top Go down

Post  graeme Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Black Swan - a bit obvious I thought though very well done but we bought a dvd of the Kirov Ballet performing Swan Lake as a result which was simply beautiful. Would so love to see it performed live
The King's Speech - Just about perfect in every way. I normally prefer action films a la Bruce/Arnie etc being a bit of a heathen but this is simply a great film

Very Happy afro
graeme
graeme

Back to top Go down

What was the last movie you watched? Empty Re: What was the last move you watched

Post  Fiboo Fallen Angel Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:07 pm

graeme wrote:Black Swan - a bit obvious I thought though very well done but we bought a dvd of the Kirov Ballet performing Swan Lake as a result which was simply beautiful. Would so love to see it performed live
The King's Speech - Just about perfect in every way. I normally prefer action films a la Bruce/Arnie etc being a bit of a heathen but this is simply a great film

Very Happy afro

My last two cinema visits were the same as yours Graeme. I found Black Swan a bit disappointing after all the hype. It was a good portrayal of the ballet world but its plot was a bit disjointed and weak. I once saw Swan Lake performed on ice, sounds tacky but was actually very good.
I also thought the Kings Speech was excellent and totally lived up to the hype, great acting all round and deserves some Oscars.
Fiboo Fallen Angel
Fiboo Fallen Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:09 am

I didn't know we were including cinema films Sleep

We saw Black Swan in the cinema and have to be honest, absolutely loved it. So dark, so clever and quite beautiful as well. Wasn't sure how I was going to react to it, but it was wonderful. I do want to see the King's Speech in the cinema too but I think we will have to wait until it comes out on DVD. Finding the time to go is never bloody easy and, it is so bloody expensive pale
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  symphony_reasoning Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:42 am

I felt like Black Swan had elements of Perfect Blue to it. Anybody seen it? Just like in Inception has so many similarities to Paprika Very Happy I love Paprika. Ah..the late Satoshi Kon. Excellent.

Anyway, I watched the movie 'the hustler' last night with Paul Newman. I didn't realize that 'The Colour of Money' was the sequel. Never seen 'the Colour of Money'
symphony_reasoning
symphony_reasoning

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:53 am

symphony_reasoning wrote:I felt like Black Swan had elements of Perfect Blue to it. Anybody seen it? Just like in Inception has so many similarities to Paprika Very Happy I love Paprika. Ah..the late Satoshi Kon. Excellent.

Anyway, I watched the movie 'the hustler' last night with Paul Newman. I didn't realize that 'The Colour of Money' was the sequel. Never seen 'the Colour of Money'

Some new films to watch there me thinks. Thanks mate cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:37 am

We have our good friend John Morley down with us this week-end and he is a right film nut so, we have a bunch of films to watch which include Lemmy, Despicably Me & 127 Hours (US release Blu-Ray). Full report to come
afro cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  Under Mirkwood Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:27 am

Hell Comes to Frogtown with Roddy Piper absolutely mental.
Under Mirkwood
Under Mirkwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Ted Cunterblast Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:04 am

I think it's fair to say that Matt and Rachel found Despicable Me somewhat amusing...would'nt you say guys? cyclops
Ted Cunterblast
Ted Cunterblast

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 am

Ted Cunterblast wrote:I think it's fair to say that Matt and Rachel found Despicable Me somewhat amusing...would'nt you say guys? cyclops

Dude, that film is just bloody AWESOME!!!! Got to have some of those little creatures as pets bounce cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan797 Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 am

The Kings Speech- Amazing, seen it twice i liked it that much!!
nathan797
nathan797

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1278219308

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 am

nathan797 wrote:The Kings Speech- Amazing, seen it twice i liked it that much!!

That is one for the "Must See" list Very Happy
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan797 Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:56 am

Now watching LOTR Return of the King- Extended directors cut Twisted Evil . Excellent adaptation and makes me want peter jackson to hurry up and get the hobbit out
nathan797
nathan797

Back to top Go down

Post  Under Mirkwood Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 am

nathan797 wrote:Now watching LOTR Return of the King- Extended directors cut Twisted Evil . Excellent adaptation and makes me want peter jackson to hurry up and get the hobbit out

I love the LOTR films too as I love anything Middle Earthy (my niece actually thinks I am an elf) but I still think Mr Jackson took huge liberties with the story and script. My favourite version of LOTR is the BBC Radio adaptation which sticks to what Tolkien actually wrote and characters appeared where they should appear. Mr Jackson please don't mess with The Hobbit.

Oh and I watched Alien Resurrection last night.....what a pile of pwp.
Under Mirkwood
Under Mirkwood

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan797 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Under Mirkwood wrote:
nathan797 wrote:Now watching LOTR Return of the King- Extended directors cut Twisted Evil . Excellent adaptation and makes me want peter jackson to hurry up and get the hobbit out

I love the LOTR films too as I love anything Middle Earthy (my niece actually thinks I am an elf) but I still think Mr Jackson took huge liberties with the story and script. My favourite version of LOTR is the BBC Radio adaptation which sticks to what Tolkien actually wrote and characters appeared where they should appear. Mr Jackson please don't mess with The Hobbit.

I have just given my 16 year old brother the books, i agree about the hope jackson does not mess with the hobbit, its so well written. Although i can't see an adaption of Silmarillion anytime soon. Sad .
nathan797
nathan797

Back to top Go down

Post  Under Mirkwood Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:04 am

Return Of The Jedi in HD last night, it looked and sounded great I may have to invest in the Blu-Ray versions now. Just thinking about how many times I have bought that trilogy. Razz
Under Mirkwood
Under Mirkwood

Back to top Go down

Post  symphony_reasoning Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:11 am

Last movie i watched was City Island. That was quite a nice film, makes a change to watch that type of movie for myself.
symphony_reasoning
symphony_reasoning

Back to top Go down

Post  Under Mirkwood Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:57 am

I watched Solomon Kane last night, I am unfamiliar with the original Robert E. Howard story but the film was pretty cool and not what I expected at all.
Under Mirkwood
Under Mirkwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_01 Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 am

Iron man 2 - very entertaining superhero romp, with a very loud soundtrack featuring lots of AC/DC.
Scott_01
Scott_01

http://www.blakes7online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down