The Reasoning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Album 4 Update

+5
nathan797
Under Mirkwood
Fiboo Fallen Angel
daviddurey
MattBass6
9 posters

Go down

Album 4 Update Empty Album 4 Update

Post  MattBass6 Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 am

Hello all and thanks so much for being here. The response so far has been awesome and please feel free to post at any time, we love hearing from you.

I thought I would just give you a quick update as to how album 4 is progressing. As it stands, we have all been busy writing in our own studios plus, a couple of us have got together for some joint writing too. We now have about 30 separate pieces of music that range from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. They are definitely The Reasoning but there is also a definite shift in direction to the last album Wink

The next step is for all of to enter the rehearsal studio in March and start piecing these ideas together and make cohesive songs. This is something very new for us and we are relishing the prospect of sitting in a circle and bouncing ideas of each other. Rach is also very busy coming up with song concepts and ideas and I have to say, they are really taking shape with some incredible lyrical ideas coming to the table.

So, there you are - ALL SYSTEMS GO bounce

Also, I will be posting soon about another little something that you can all get involved in. Leave it with me for a bit so I can make sure I can get it all making sense and I will be back with all the information. Take care, thanks for listening and now, I am off to pour myself a large beer.

Love as always,

Metal Matty xx cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

http://www.thereasoning.com

Back to top Go down

Album 4 Update Empty Album4

Post  daviddurey Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:33 pm

MattBass6 wrote:Hello all and thanks so much for being here. The response so far has been awesome and please feel free to post at any time, we love hearing from you.

I thought I would just give you a quick update as to how album 4 is progressing. As it stands, we have all been busy writing in our own studios plus, a couple of us have got together for some joint writing too. We now have about 30 separate pieces of music that range from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. They are definitely The Reasoning but there is also a definite shift in direction to the last album Wink

The next step is for all of to enter the rehearsal studio in March and start piecing these ideas together and make cohesive songs. This is something very new for us and we are relishing the prospect of sitting in a circle and bouncing ideas of each other. Rach is also very busy coming up with song concepts and ideas and I have to say, they are really taking shape with some incredible lyrical ideas coming to the table.

So, there you are - ALL SYSTEMS GO bounce

Also, I will be posting soon about another little something that you can all get involved in. Leave it with me for a bit so I can make sure I can get it all making sense and I will be back with all the information. Take care, thanks for listening and now, I am off to pour myself a large beer.

Love as always,

Metal Matty xx cat

Matt, is there really going to be PUNK track on the new album???? Question
daviddurey
daviddurey

Back to top Go down

Album 4 Update Empty Re: Album 4 Update

Post  MattBass6 Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 pm

I don't think we will ever be punk mate and do a full on punk track but, nothing wrong with incorporating a little punkness in a tune here and there lol!
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Album 4 Update Empty New album

Post  Fiboo Fallen Angel Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:10 pm

Can we look forward to some more thought provoking lyrics from Rachel? Probably a silly question lol but I thought I'd ask ? Wink Smile
Fiboo Fallen Angel
Fiboo Fallen Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Under Mirkwood Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:26 am

I'm off to the patent office to copyright the word Prunk before this new album comes out.
Under Mirkwood
Under Mirkwood

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 am

Fiboo Fallen Angel wrote:Can we look forward to some more thought provoking lyrics from Rachel? Probably a silly question lol but I thought I'd ask ? Wink Smile

Yes, you can definitely expect some thought provoking and quite geeky lyrics from Rach. That is always guaranteed jocolor
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:01 am

Under Mirkwood wrote:I'm off to the patent office to copyright the word Prunk before this new album comes out.

TOO LATE BUD king cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan797 Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 am

MattBass6 wrote:I don't think we will ever be punk mate and do a full on punk track but, nothing wrong with incorporating a little punkness in a tune here and there lol!
For some bizarre reason punk is really appealing to me atm so this is good news. (Not proper punk just The Levs and NMA)
nathan797
nathan797

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1278219308

Back to top Go down

Album 4 Update Empty Album4 Update

Post  daviddurey Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:31 am

Nathan797,

perhaps Matt could put a little taster 'sound bite' up on here of the punky sound just for your upcoming birthday? eh Matt??

PS Nathan797. According to your profile you feel that as a student you are no use to society (a joke, I'm sure!). I'm pretty sure a lot of us on here were students once and we contributed loads to the local pub trades, off licences, music shops (yes, I remember when you had to go to a shop to buy music) and video rental outlets. Sometimes we even went to lectures.
daviddurey
daviddurey

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:36 am

nathan797 wrote:
MattBass6 wrote:I don't think we will ever be punk mate and do a full on punk track but, nothing wrong with incorporating a little punkness in a tune here and there lol!
For some bizarre reason punk is really appealing to me atm so this is good news. (Not proper punk just The Levs and NMA)

A bit of punk is very good for the soul but I have to warn you, we are not turning Punk Twisted Evil lol! cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:39 am

daviddurey wrote:Nathan797,

perhaps Matt could put a little taster 'sound bite' up on here of the punky sound just for your upcoming birthday? eh Matt??

PS Nathan797. According to your profile you feel that as a student you are no use to society (a joke, I'm sure!). I'm pretty sure a lot of us on here were students once and we contributed loads to the local pub trades, off licences, music shops (yes, I remember when you had to go to a shop to buy music) and video rental outlets. Sometimes we even went to lectures.

Ummm, perhaps I could but I'm not going to Laughing

As regards your comments about the justification of students, I couldn't agree more but then again I am married to a PhD "student" so I don't have a leg to stand on Shocked cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  raj087 Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 am

MattBass6 wrote:

As regards your comments about the justification of students, I couldn't agree more but then again I am married to a PhD "student" so I don't have a leg to stand on Shocked cat

I still go to lectures. And deliver some. So, dear boys, you don't even have a leg between you on which to stand. Innit. cyclops
raj087
raj087

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:38 am

raj087 wrote:
MattBass6 wrote:

I still go to lectures. And deliver some. So, dear boys, you don't even have a leg between you on which to stand. Innit. cyclops

Yeah, what she said What a Face
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Album 4 Update Empty Album 4 update

Post  daviddurey Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:17 pm

MattBass6 wrote:
raj087 wrote:
MattBass6 wrote:

Yeah, what she said What a Face

Clever ain't she? Not to mention a little frightening, talented, gorgeous, etc.
daviddurey
daviddurey

Back to top Go down

Post  nathan797 Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:38 pm

I am not a proper student yet, i offer nothing to the local pubs,clubs etc. Still underage see. However the Local music venue (Rock city of all places) gets enough money out of me.
However i am a proper student in the fact that i was in London on 10/10/10. When the Anarchists smashed up Millbank- Sat outside Parliament Tesco with a bottle of cider Laughing cheers drunken
nathan797
nathan797

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1278219308

Back to top Go down

Album 4 Update Empty March - Album 4 Update.

Post  MattBass6 Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:10 am

Hi gang, I hope you are all well? Just a quick update as to progress of album 4. Firstly, I think we have an album title and an album design but more news on that later Twisted Evil

As you may, or may not know, me, Tony, Owain and Jake booked 4 days in a local studio and locked ourselves away to start the first, full band writing session. We brought in about 45 ideas between us and set about listening to them and seeing what we could use and work on. After much deliberation, we put them aside and starting writing afresh. This is not because we didn't like what we recorded at our own studios, but because we wanted to see what we could come up with while we were all in a circle and bouncing off each other.

All I can say is - WOW!!! bounce On the day 1 we came away with a huge 9 minute 40 second monster of a rock song. On day 2 we walked away having written another rocker that came in at over the 7 minute mark and is destined to be a classic TR number. On day 3, Owain had to disappear home so the rest of us got together and wrote 2 complete tunes. "Song 3" was based around a TT piano part that we helped turn in a quite simply, stunning and beautiful song and, all in 7/8 too which again, comes in at over 7 minutes. Then we set about on another little ditty that is a full on, 16th note, rocker which has one of the catchiest hooks in it we have written to date.

The next step is to hand these over to Rachel who will look at the structures for verses and choruses, pen some lyrics and some melodies, hand them back to us to re-arrange and then we will get some pre-production recordings of them done to see what else needs to be added or taken away. After that, we are back in the studio again for another 4 days to write some more tunes.

This has genuinely been one the most enlightening and fun experiences this band has had and shows just how well this line-up gels. There is so much music in us at the moment that we really feel we could put out a double album but, before you get all excited, we won;t be Laughing This album is definitely going to be a single album but a very special one Wink

More news soon on this and lots of other exciting stuff. Take care, be good and see you all soon xx cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott_01 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 am

Fantastic Matt, thanks for the update and I can't wait to hear the fruits of your labours.

As to your wealth of material how about an advance order version of the Cd for the 'website spods' to purchase with some bonus material not on the commercial release. We'd get to hear even more Reasoning, and you get some early cash to pay for the studio time. Very Happy

scott
Scott_01
Scott_01

http://www.blakes7online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 am

Scott_01 wrote:Fantastic Matt, thanks for the update and I can't wait to hear the fruits of your labours.

As to your wealth of material how about an advance order version of the Cd for the 'website spods' to purchase with some bonus material not on the commercial release. We'd get to hear even more Reasoning, and you get some early cash to pay for the studio time. Very Happy

scott

Nice one mate Cool As far as the other material for a bonus release, well, we'll have to think about it. I am not adverse to putting out extra material but it's how it's presented. Let me have a think and nearer the album release date, we'll see what happens Wink
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 am

Good afternoon all, just a quick update for you. There is so much activity going on in the background that we wish we could share them all but, at this stage, we would rather have them fully developed ready for your delectations. We head to Colchester next week for the next writing session and then start preparing a set for ROSfest where we will be introducing 2 new songs, at least. See you soon xx

P.S. The new website is looking very spiffy too and should be going live very soon Very Happy
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Post  MattBass6 Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 am

Hi gang, just a quick update for you all. We have just got back from the 2nd writing session in Colchester and I am very pleased to say that it was a resounding success Cool We now have a total of 8 songs for the album with about 2 albums worth of spare material, which is always nice. The songs range from a very trippy 3 minute song to a full on rock / progressive 12 minute monster and everything in between.

There is a real "live" natural vibe to the songs with everyone contributing and we cannot wait to get in the studio properly and start recording. This is a real step forward for us and that will show when you hear the album. The next step is to demo up the songs, construct the structures properly and then add the finishing touches before we go and record them. We will also be adding 2 new songs to our set at ROSfest in May plus 3 or 4 for The Borderline gig in July.

I'll have more updates for you soon but I hope that whets your appetite for the moment. Take care.

Matt xx cat
MattBass6
MattBass6

Back to top Go down

Album 4 Update Empty Any further updates...?

Post  WeeJak Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 am

Hi Matt and Co.

Any further news on album 4???

WeeJak.

WeeJak

Back to top Go down

Post  symphony_reasoning Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 am

Can't wait for the new album!
symphony_reasoning
symphony_reasoning

Back to top Go down